sábado, 3 de maio de 2008

ashes and snow




please take your time and explore





"if you come to me at this moment
your minutes will become hours
your hours will become days
and your days will become a life time...

Flesh to fire, fire to blood, blood to bone, bone to marrow, marrow to ashes, ashes to... snow.

Now I see that what will survive of me is not my letters to you;
what will survive of me is my love for you.
What matters is not what is written on the page.
What matters is what is written on the heart.

So burn the letters and lay their ashes on the snow at the river's edge.
When spring comes and the snow melts and the river rises,
return to the banks of the river and reread my letters with eyes closed;
let the words and the images wash over your body like waves.
Reread the letters with your hand cupped over your ear;
listen to the songs of Eden.
Page after page after page, fly the bird path.

And maybe, maybe, you will feel something like my love for you."



in, Ashes and snow a novel in letters by Gregory Colbert

Sem comentários: